Monday, June 21, 2021

Africa: Exploit! Assist! Repeat!


A metaphor to explain Financial Assistance to Africa.


All you possess is a small plot of land and €1000.

A thief hits you over the head and steals your money.

You are left broke.

The thief comes to you and says, "I will lend you €1000."

You say, "I cannot repay you. I have no job."

The thief says, "I will build a factory on your land. I will hire you to work in my factory for twenty eurocents an hour. You will earn the money to repay me."

When you do not have enough money to repay the loan, the thief says, "I will offer you debt service assistance. You do not have to make a payment for six months."

Regards,

Slim.

"Dignity not Charity" ~ Slim Fairview


Contact:
Bob Asken
Box 33
Pen Argyl, PA 18072


Copyright © 2021 Robert Asken
All rights reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment