Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Using AI Against AI

 

WHO KNEW?


Chess. Checkers. Chinese Checkers. Judo. AI.

My Dad taught me to play chess when I was 11 years old.
With no one to play with, it was a skill that went fallow.

When the Fischer-Spassky Match went viral, I was a
Freshman at The Hall. All my friends brought in
Chess sets. At first, I beat them all. Then they
read books on Chess, and I couldn't win a match.

I prefer Checkers to Chess. And Chinese Checkers to
Checkers. 

In Chess: You kill or capture your opponent's
pieces. 

In Chinese Checkers, you move your pieces from
one side of the board to the other. 

Peace. Victory. And no bloodshed.

Now I play Scrabble. Against a computer. What a leap
forward for me. 

Many times I would play the letters I had, 
not the letters I wish I had. 

Hence, I might play, "jaconet".

The word is playable. Who knew? I took a guess with the
letters I had. My opponent, the computer, confirmed the
word. Something not possible with the old board & tile game.
I used my opponent's strength against them. 

The principles of Judo. The Gentle Way....& using your opponent's force to defeat him. The way I use the computer's knowledge against it. 

I seldom lose at Online Scrabble, racking up high scores.

Thank you AI for providing the victory against you.


Best wishes,

Slim.

Box 33
Pen Argyl, PA 18072
Etats-Unis

Copyright © 2024 All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment