Friday, November 1, 2013

Einstein's Fish

Einstein said, "You can't judge the intelligence of a fish by its ability to climb a tree."  By extension, "You can't judge the intelligence of a cat by its ability to swim under water."  

Why bring up what appears to be the same statement?  

Because, If you want someone to climb a tree, you hire a cat. If you want someone to swim under water, you hire a fish.  Simple enough?

By extension, Einstein (A theoretical Physicist) also said, If you prepare for war, you get war.  If you want peace, you prepare for peace.

George Washington (A General) said, If you want to insure the peace, you prepare for war.

If I want to hire a General, I will hire George Washington.

If I want to hire a physicist, I will hire Albert Einstein.

If I want someone to climb a tree, I will hire a cat.

If I want someone to swim under water, I will hire a fish.


I understand that Einstein worked at the Institute for Advanced Studies at Princeton.  After some research, I found that they don't always entertain mathematicians and physicists.  They also entertain people like historians.  I began dropping hints.  I thought it was like the MacArthur Foundation.  They find you.  They don't. You have to apply.  If I have to ask....I lost interest.

It should also be noted that I was passed up again for the MacArthur Foundation Genius Grant.

Which begs the question:  

How will I ever become a Genius if no one gives be a Genius Grant?


Warmest regards, 

Slim

slimfairview@yahoo.com 


On the topic of the Empirical Method of Analysis.

Eggheads and Cracked Eggs.


On the application of analysis over credentialism.

Will the Facebook Revolution Spread to China? Probably Not.

Will the Facebook Revolution Spread to China, Part 2--Credentialism




Copyright 2013 Slim Fairview
All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment