Thursday, August 11, 2011

Side Street Journal Thursday 11 August 2011

Commentary on Global Political and Economic Events by Slim Fairview
Please also see also http://slimviews.blogspot.com  Please do click the follow button for The Journal--and please email a link to your friends.  Thank you.

Slim

Armed only with an analytical mind and the ability to speak in metaphors, I attempt to explain the events of the day as I view them through the magic glasses my parents gave me over 50 years ago. Regards, Slim




Slimfairview Slim Fairview
Gold Hits $1,800. If I hadn't sold my gold when I was poor, I'd be rich today.


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
Okay, Uncle Jed. One and One, that's two. Two and two, that's four. Three and three, that's six, four and four, that's eight.


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
WSJ: Deciphering Jobless Claims' Mixed Messages. People are out of work. Clear enough, Jethro? "Jethro, show Mr. Drysdale your cipherin'"


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
TV buoys News Corp. Profits Rise. Dividends Rise. Just goes to prove...There is no such thing as bad publicity. ;-) Slim


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
Sad Irony. Sprint has cash crisis just as competitor goes on strike.


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
Law Grads Sue Over Tuition. IRONY: if they're successful, verdict will be overturned on appeal. If they fail, the case has no merit. ;-)


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
@
@BusinessPlanWeb Thank you. ;-)


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
The 5 Best Ways to Praise Employees | BNET bnet.com/blog/small-biz…


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
@
@KimAuclair @human_ob @bnet One of the Best Articles on the subject I've read in more than 30 years. Slim


KimAuclair Kim Auclair
by Slimfairview
RT @human_ob: The 5 Best Ways to Praise Employees http://ow.ly/60pRK via @bnet


LynnHarris LynnHarris
by Slimfairview
Chore Wars - new study on men & women sharing paid & unpaid work http://fb.me/TgLel9MZ


LynnHarris LynnHarris
by Slimfairview
Quotas for women on boards is not about tokenism! http://fb.me/1dnGKAbfj


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
France--Austerity. Italy--Austerity. Greece--Austerity. Spain--Austerity. Europe is suffering a Plague of Austere Proportions.


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
[Not a joke] WSJ: Swiss National banked grasped 9grasped?0 for ways to rein in uber-currency. I thought the WSJ liked Switzerland.


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
Italy Passes Test. Sells T-Bills at lower rate. Now, small question. Is there an economic development project underway to bring in revenue?


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
Sarkozy meets w/ cabinet on French Crisis. Is this separate from someone else's crisis? WORK TOGETHER. Meet (verb) 2 work (verb) on solution


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
Market Drop Resumes. The Bulls make money, the Bears make money, the Pigs and Chickens get slaughtered. [Or not.] Slim


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
Couldn't FED malcontents dissent in private? Then, after the vote, put on a happy face & hold a unanimous public vote. We'd all feel better.


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
Your Honour, I move that all the evidence that proves my client is guilty of murder to be stricken from the record.


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
WSJ: DNA collection backlash. Why? Privacy Rights. But don't you violate people's rights when you arrest them before they've been convicted?


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
WSJ: Panel calls for more "Fracking" Rules. Just let me light up a glass of water and I'll sit down and read the article.


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
Here we go: Do you teach children to read or do you teach children how to read? Teach children phonics. Once they know how to read--get it?


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
I will let the Board of Ed in on a big secret. In order for children to learn to read, you must teach children how to read. Remember, anyone


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
WSJ: States Fail to raise bar in Reading & Math Tests. You are not supposed to raise the bar. You are supposed to raise the performance.


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
WSJ: BofA CEO Moynihan struck a contrite tone in effort to win over investors. Just what investors want, a humble CEO.


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
WSJ: Bridgewater, Caxton & Brevan Howard: Hedge funds that made $ in the turmoil. John Paulson hasn't. That sounds like a commercial to me.


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
When we were kids, "I'm telling your Mom." Now, "I'm lowering your bond rating."


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
The sky is falling, the sky is falling. Actually, the sky is not falling. The real story? Bullies are threatening France's bond ratings.


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
US Antitrust regulators focusing on Google. Now you know why I never pursued success in life. I was afraid I'd be punished for it.


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
Companies hoard cash to protect themselves against a bad economy. Thus causing a bad economy. Justifying their strategy. Did I get it right?


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
WSJ: FED officials need 2 see evidence of continued weakening before stepping in. I'm glad they said that. As opposed to my having said it.


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
US has a new plan. If something goes wrong, blame China. China--1 Carrier. US--15 Carriers. Are we really worried about a global reach?


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
@
@NCBizNetworking I heard that on the news. How are the banks in NC BizNetwork? Save local. Invest local. Return local. Have a nice day. Slim


NCBizNetworking NC Business Network
by Slimfairview
Countrywide haunts BofA http://bit.ly/nc1TqF


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
WSJ: Stocks dive Europe, Economy Fears. Still, none is heeding my admonition 2 work together on this. Oops. I forgot 2 suggest it. My bad.


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
@
@Pdienj Thank you for the follow. Please check out and (?) follow sidestreetjournal.blogspot.com & slimviews.blogspot.com Sincerely, Slim


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
GOOGLE SEARCH [pakistan=orno] 19,600,000 results! # 2 ? Ah, yes! slimviews.blogspot.com/2011/07/pakist… THANK YOU, GOOGLE. Sincerely, Slim


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: A new first time visitor to my blogs. JORDAN. Thank you! Welcome. Please visit again. Most sincerely, Slim -60-


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
http://lnkd.in/i6BGnp I had to give a presentation on economic development. I had my report printed out. When I showed up (at the...


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
http://lnkd.in/mC-s3X Watching the Process:...


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
Discover Your Inner James Bond laraequy.com/blog/default/d… via @LaRaeQuy


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
slimviews: Watching the Process slimviews.blogspot.com/2011/02/watchi…


Slimfairview Slim Fairview
Read The diane_berard Daily today's top stories via @econocopia paper.li/diane_berard?u…




I am not Paul Harvey. 

However, I am open to becoming a paid commentator, columnist, or blogger.

If you’ve found anything I said to be helpful, please don’t hesitate to send me one

of those tricked-out laptops and to tuck a few dollars into the envelope along with

the thank you note.


Sincerest regards,

Slim
RR #2
Route 390
Cresco, PA 18326



Copyright © 2011 Slim Fairview


No comments:

Post a Comment